Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Back and Forth


Yesterday I started writing in a new journal. I had a ceremony for the old one and then slipped it onto the shelf beside the previous ones. It's been a year since my paraganglioma was discovered and I expressed gratitude to the universe for granting me more time. I am still here. There is more for me to learn and to share.


I'll be travelling in a week and I'll share my road adventures with you. There is a house in San Miguel waiting for me and for my art supplies. I am exchanging excited emails with my ex-pat friends there and I am anticipating new adventures. 


Meanwhile in river city it's been raining like a busted pipe and the mild temperatures mean I won't be needing much more of this. 


And look what is right outside the studio door. The air will be perfumed with Daphne's sweetness in no time. The days are passing. Always moving, changing. bringing the new.


Stephanie and I have been working hard this week and will be making our announcement on Monday. She is a national treasure, that one.  Meanwhile I am in the studio in the hot wax and plaster. 

Remember as you go about your day that we who create are part of the solution for what ails the planet. We are kind, we share, we encourage and nurture. We are powerful. Pass it on.  

19 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

I completely agree, we are part of the solution... well said!

Carol said...

I so love that quote and will definitely be passing it on! You put a smile on my face today :)

Unknown said...

Well said on that last bit.
And milestones like you've had are great, aren't they?

Kim Mailhot said...

I love you, Judy Blue Eyes. Thank you for the reminder of our power.
Smooth sailing on your journey...

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Beautiful last sentiment, Judy. Thank you, and I am so glad that you are celebrating a year later with a new journal to begin!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

such a beautiful post!! thank you.

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

...and i am going to quote you and give the kudos where due, and print that last wonderful part to my blogging buds, again i thank you!

Lynn Cohen said...

Judy so glad you've had a year without your physical eye problem and are all mended now!
Your photos are lovely and spring is here too (almost) we had a sunny day today and doors left open to let the fresh air in as I sewed at my machine.
Enjoy all that you are doing!

Ali said...

I love the statement at the end and I will certainly pass it on! I have been reading your blog for just over a year now and often think just how well your name suits you. Such a wise lady and such a kind and sharing lady. I wish I lived closer I would certainly be attending one of your workshops. Maybe one day I will get to the US and time it to do one!

Clare Wassermann said...

What a wonderful statement - I shall pass it on - to my children. I'm looking forward to your tales through 2012 xx

lulu moonwood murakami said...

1. Beautiful & IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER, your final statement. 2. I always envy your trips to San Miguel, but love living them vicariously through your photos. 3. I can't believe I totally missed out on your workshop right here at home!!! (I stay away too long from bloglandia, and then I pay the price!) Someday...
¡Qué tengas muy buen tiempo allá en México!
xoxo lulu

Catherine Denton said...

Gorgeous post. I am so thankful you are still here and going strong. You keep us encouraged and inspired. Now I am off to create in response to your mandate. ;)

Jill said...

Judy Wise by name and wise by nature.

Marit said...

I - again - learned from you this Sunday morning... shall I call you my Sundaymorning-Zen-teacher? Thanks for the wise words!

spindelmaker said...

Very wise words. I will pass them on :-)

Unknown said...

What an encouraging post, thank you so very much! Connie

Kim Mailhot said...

Once again you inspired me to create, Judy. I passed it on !
http://queen-of-arts.blogspot.com/

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Oh boy, and are WE ALL GLAD (joyous) that you still have much more time to create!

Lovingly,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green island

And so it goes... said...

Insightful words from the Wise which will be taken to heart & passed on...and on and on... There is power in the paintbrush! I'm so looking forward to "getting plastered"!!!
deb/debbie/debra