Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sooweet Sweet Summer

The brilliant Mary Ann has me cutting stencils and spraying in the driveway - what can I say; her journal pages rock! They always make we want to join in the fun and play in mine. Cutting a small stencil out of paper (I use cheap typing paper because it's so easy to cut) takes only minutes compared to cutting rubber stamps so you are up and spraying in no time flat. Gaah, somebody stop me before I spray again!

The DH barbequed these disgusting weenies last night and sad to say I ate one. (they are some kind of fancy beef sausage) I'm still full at noon today but once every few years I want to eat one. Summer food. Summer fun.

Summer reads: Turtle Warrior, Water For Elephants, Armed Madhouse, poemcrazy, Falling Man. That's just so far and along with all the magazines I keep up with.

Carry on.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy, Stunning journal pages, those stencils ARE the coolest ever,sigh.....I wanna try one too, now. Hope to visit you at the farm soon!
oxox
steph b

Anonymous said...

Poemcrazy is still my favorite writing book. Have you seen Foolsgold, her newest? Also was fascinated in Water for Elephants.

And, with head hanging guiltily, I had 2 hot dogs Sunday, one Monday and one today!

Gotta get off the salt kick!

Anonymous said...

those stencils look super cool, judy! i am curious how you are doing them. they look like a lot of fun. and what is it about those big sausages that do us in? now i am seriously sitting here salivating and it's 11 p.m. way too late for that. and that avocado salad! now i am craving gazpacho! yow yum!

Anonymous said...

Now you got me wanting a grilled brat dog with slices of onions and peppers! drool! hehe I love your journal pages, gorgeous colors and those stencil are fab! Paper stencils you say! And here I was mangling plastic sheets LOL Will try again with paper and MA's sharpie marker method! *wanders off to find paper and a sharpie*

PennyBlue said...

LOVE your journal pages!! I must add you to my blog links. How do you do the stencil thing?
Oh and if you like PoemCrazy, you absolutely MUST get Fool's Gold. Just got it yesterday and it is one of THE BEST books I have read in a very long time!

DAWN said...

Water for Elephants is an awesome book! great summer read.

Karen Cole said...

It's amazing how well the journal pages and the "weenie" go so well together on the page.

Judy said...

Very nice pages!
I have herd, sorry heard, that Water for Elephants is excellent. happy reading.

LINDSAY said...

Love the spray paint idea! Your lunch looks so perfectly summer!

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

I love your new painting & how you made the stencil for future use. House on fire- safety or security issues in losing the home or lots of passion & energy inside of it. Why does the little girl have her back to the fire? Is she ignoring it, escaping or not involved? I see lots of emotion in this piece. Your journal pages inspire as usual. Thanks for sharing.

Judy Wise said...

Thank every one of you for your thoughtful interpretations. You have each given me a wonderful gift; you have shown me that you "get it". This is something that I usually never know for sure - what a great experience.